Monday, March 14, 2005

Toronto Drivers are good. Yup, I actually said that!

Spent the weekend in Toronto. Not so bad going in...the 401 was its usual crowded, cut you off in the fast lane type of driving, and attended a good meeting. This is the meeting where we are going to figure out how to run the ren faire for another year. Interesting dynamics, but beyond the scope of this blog. On Saturday, they got an inch of snow. Yup...it brought the city to a standstill. But now that I am in the middle of it, I can see why! The snow almost immediatly became glare black, and the automobiles merely curling rocks on a rather dirty sheet of ice. Busses sideways on Eglington, salt trucks sliding off the roads into lamp posts. Remarkable! The salt trucks could not get up the hill at Bathurst and Eglington, so they went around. Would that the rest of the traffic could have thought ahead enough to do the same! Such as myself! "Put it in low people, and gently go up the road. That spinning tire has NO traction!"
Ah well...as usual Toronto had almost no snow. Ottawa on the other hand is sitting under a nice yard thick blanket of the stuff! My back yard is very pretty....the snow covers the derelict cars. Mind you, I have not seen the dog in a couple of months...he is no doubt under the snow somewhere feasting of the squirrels.

3 comments:

. said...

Ren Faire may be beyond the scope of your blog, but some of us want details! :D. I've been envious of my friends going to them in Texas every year. I had no idea they had them here. I could probably gather up a lot of my friends to go as well.

As for the title, you obviously must be bought out by the City of Toronto :D. The three worst kinda of drivers in this world are ones from Montreal, ones from Toronto and ones from insane asylums from the criminally insane (dosed with rabies, adrenaline and copious amounts of hallucinogenic drugs). And even the inmates come in at a distant third :D.

STAG said...

Well, if this all pans out, I'll be calling as many people as I can to invite them to drop into the Ren Faire. Last year, we lowered the entrance price, and kept the beer at a buck a glass, and we had the best year ever. Not good enough to cover those TV ads though! So the owners pulled out, and we vendors are going to run it. Yes! No ifs, butts or ands about it!

. said...

BEER FOR A BUCK A GLASS!!!

I don't care if its an "I hate Zlanth" meeting, for a buck a glass beer I am sooo there!