Friday, February 04, 2005

Sunny and warm

Well, finally the weather broke. Guess I shouldn't complain, they had snow in Rome! Malta got off lucky. Visited the Wigancourt Tower and the Red Tower today....worth blowing off a morning! The view from the Red Tower is priceless! Gozo over there...the bay with its sandy beach down there...pity the water is too cold to swim in. I am such a wimp, when I was a kid I used to swim in Riding Mountain National Park in Manitoba, and the water was 60 degrees...and I would play in it all day. Thats about 15 C, which of course, is the temp of the water in St Paul's Bay. I do remember my mother mentioning that my fingernails would turn blue though. But then, I was a kid then. I didn't know everything until I was a teen ager, at which time of course I left home. Now that I am a crotchety old phart, again, I know everything, and of course, again, I have left home. There seems to be a pattern here...this hotel is FILLED with crotchety old pharts, all of whom know everything...just ask them.
Tonight is Carnival in Valetta! Sort of a Mardi Gras. Lots of kids in costumes...it was great fun! Music was, well, LOUD and eclectic. Eclectic...a fancy word meaning they didn't know what was coming next. But dancing in the streets is not such a bad thing.
Regards from a slightly drunk Yusef.

2 comments:

. said...

If its anything like Mardi Gras I hope you have a hell of a time! Went there once (mardi gras, not carnival) and it was a blast.

STAG said...

Yeah, it wasn't bad....not like Mardi Gras in the big easy though...where men throw fake jewelry and women show their breasts. As opposed of course to Hollywood where men throw real jewelry, and women show off their fake breasts....

Bill