Monday, April 04, 2005

Hmmmm...things are worse than I suspected...

Well, the great Canadian Corruption scandal has hit the high point of interest...easily shifting the Pope and Terry whatsername off the front page. I wonder why...its not as if Liberal government corruption is particularly newsworthy! In fact....we are finally getting to the point where we have paid more for the investigation than the buggers stole from us in the first place!

Oh well...be that as it may...I think I will put a proper rant on my Rant blog....http://yusefsjournal2.blogspot.com/ .... right now, I am pretty mellow. Have not turned on Lowell Greene yet...[local Ottawa right wing radio personality]... he usually causes me to work harder and faster. Since my business is pretty much hammering metal this isn't such a bad thing.

Interesting phenomonon........(love that word...never know when to stop spelling it...grin!)...just when I was thinking I would get a week off...another armour order rolled in! As I said, interesting...these "just in time" orders play hell with my bank, but suit my personal life style just fine. My father used to say "God will provide", and lived his life pay checque to pay checque, I seem to be hiring my staff on the not unwarranted assumption that orders will arrive in time to give them work!

I built a power planishing hammer out of an old air chisel.....now I am doing huge panels, planishing them all over just because I can! Much easier on the old shoulder ball! There may be a deposit of calcium up there....or there may be a couple dozen micro tears...might put paid to my profession in a few years at this rate. I have pretty much decided to drop the money on an English Wheel. I was vaccilating between an english wheel and a planishing hammer...but any planishing I need doing, I think I can do with this hand held air hammer. Lots of vibration though...I may have to buy some shot gloves. (Now arn't we getting profesh--I--on--all!!!)

Regards from the Great White North. Well, not so white...it has been raining the last couple of days....the snow banks are all sort of sootty, and dingy. And they have all melted down to make solid ice speed bumps...kind of neat watching the cars pulling in for the church service next door, they go up and over the ice thinking it is snow, and "crunch", I get another rusty old muffler in my front yard! Har Har! I expect the last of the snow will be gone by next week. There are some big piles of snow at the edge of parking lots however which sometimes hang in there until June!

1 comment:

. said...

A church making holy mufflers. There's a profit to be made there! :D