Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Snow





We have snow! Lots of it. Finally! And for a week or two now, we have had a few inches of the fluffy stuff. About time. My pet gargoyle, Gil, tells me that the weather has been enough to freeze the nuts off a pistachio bush. Here is a picture of him, presiding over his little domain.
And Jennifer will be happy to see that I have installed my new bat house under the eaves. I painted it green, but left the part where they claw their way into it nice and plain wood. I don't know where the little fellas get to during the winter, but I suspect I don't want to check too closely in my attic. I am not worried about wasps building nests in them...I suspect the bats look at a wasp nest in their "bat house" as breakfast in bed.
Its a good view of my little house..."stag house" as brenda calls it. We lived in that little house when we were at work at the Renaissance Festival in Toronto. Hard to imagine....it is really small. Yet it had a full size desk, a wardrobe, a double bed, air conditioning, TV, ...all the amenities. Those big heavy shutters locked it all up during the winter, and they still work perfectly.

I have several gargoyles. I'll get pics of all of them sooner or later. Click on the images to admire Gil. He would like that. He likes to scare people by looking over their shoulder. He has three friends, each of whom live on a different corner of STAG house. They need names. Perhaps my readers will help me out here.


Oh, and I have completed the set of "sword repair" articles for http://www.southtowerarmouringguild.blogspot.com. Like all blogs, you read the articles from the bottom up.
Cheers,
STAG

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the bat house! And I’m sure they do, too. We finally got our fist snow last weekend, and have had some flurries since then. But still nothing substantial… which is just fine with me! Course, the kids are all dying to have a snow day.

Gil is quite handsome. I would need to see his friends in order to name them!

Ovonia Red said...

Hmm, I never got to see the finished STAG house at the Renn Fest... :(

I guess I will have to (eventually) get back up to Canada for a visit. I am looking forward to seeing you guys when you come out here, though. I'm gonna send Branda an email soon (like, maybe in the next month or so!) about costs of things here.

DJ