Friday, November 12, 2004

Behind schedule again!

Had a couple of old clients drop in, one to pick up some armour he is having me make. Neat armour...a scale mantle, as worn by a Roman soldier. What with training a new employee, I was about 4 or 5 hours delayed, and they will have to come back today to pick it up. Not an ideal situation, but oh well! Such is the life of an armourer! Finish that off today, and then work some more on the female armour for Maggie. (odd stuff that female armour....it is made sort of upside down....with the breast plate overlapping the waist plates instead of the other way around. This weekend, the CON-CEPT science fiction convention in Montreal! Should be fun, it is the joining together of the two big SF clubs in Montreal in a single convention. Its really fun because there is so much French content...very refreshing.
Snow all yesterday...but it didn't hang around. Hired a young high school student to sweep up around the place...requires constant supervision. Had him do small stuff, like drilling out scales and simple manufacturing jobs. He really IS more trouble than he is worth, putting the folding legs on the plywood backwards. Had to re-do it last night...in the cold. Ah well...I remember how I was at that age (2 decades ago! Oh all right, 3 decades!) and if people never gave me a chance I would never have had a chance. Well, this morning, I have a folding table to take to the convention tomorrow! 5 am departure tomorrow.. OMG! 5am is when I put the book down and go to sleep!
Got the new key to the motorcycle. The dealership won't cut it...but they will sell me a blank for only 14 dollars! Arrgh! Well, today, finish off the armour, take the air conditioners out, maybe caulk up the windows upstairs with removable caulking. STILL Dont have hot water in the house! Tradesmen who run gas are even more unreliable than armourers! Cold showers....hard on the love life, but my natural gas bill is miniscule!

No comments: