Monday, November 15, 2004

Montreal was a blast!

I always enjoy Montreal! The magic was wearing a little thin at 7 in the morning the Saturday I got to the convention, but it came on again like a carnival in the evening. Here in Ottawa, the parking lots charge you to park during the day, and are usually un-manned in the evening so you can park free of charge and go off pubbing. In Montreal, the parking attendant doesn't come on duty until 8 in the evening! No doubt about it, Montreal is a party town! Nice to see things have really turned around the last few years...6 or 7 years ago everything was for sale or rent south of Place Bonaventure, now its all factories which are working and employing people. I think it is thanks to the Quebec government's policy of rewarding young entrepreneurs with interest free or interest delayed loans to start businesses. The Ontario government could take notice!
Con-Cept is a small fan run convention. Doesn't attract near enough people for its quality. Monsffa is the organizing body, and they are competent. Thats saying a lot! http://www.theendoftheuniverse.ca/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=78

Everthing went smoothly. Nobody cut themselves on the swords or knives, and I made a huge number of contacts. Who knows, I might even get a few seminars in Montreal! I'll have to see what I can do about advertising this event for them some more...the local papers seem to have a problem with it...I think the English language dailies think it is too French, and the French language dailies think it is too English! I wish they got a tenth of the publicity that the animation festival gets. Well, its quarter to ten, time to get to work!
(starting to look forward to going to work these days!)

No comments: