Thursday, November 04, 2004

I did it! I bought the farm!

Okay, not the farm, but the next door lot anyways. Too small to be a farm...though I might plant hazelnuts or some other low maintenance crop on it...grin! I'll see what we are allowed to plant here in the village.
The property had a nice house on it until one of the owner's personalities decided that "They" are not going to get it. She lit the fire, and the others went for a shower. Everybody got out fine, though the emotional baggage from all concerned never gets any less! The court case is still pending, but after a year of having a crack house next door, (no, really, it was!) the city demolished it.
Nice place, big double lot, with another double lot in behind that the real-estate agent didn't know about until I put my offer in! Pretty sweet deal. Everybody wins except the poor lady who nearly owned it outright. As far as expanding my shop onto it...well...it might require a zoning change. Closure in at the end of the month, so nothing can be done until then.
We had a light dusting of snow this morning! Bloody Canada! Cold eh!

Brenda and I have booked SCUBA classes for ourselves. This should be fun! A bit expensive, of course, anything worth doing always is, but all in all, should be good prep for our visit to Malta in January. They tell me that there is really good diving on Malta!

And the last cool thing is that yesterday I have started the second class of the Chivalrous Sword Handling advanced series! I have forgotten how much I enjoyed sword fighting at speed! Hooo Ahhh!
Now I have promised that I will make everybody some armour....ooops! Well, I have Henrietta dropping by this afternoon to examine the facilities. She is a lady blacksmith who is working a forge in Morewood... a little burgh about 15 minutes away from me. She wants to make armour...so I will be pleased to show her. I think this might be the break I need!

Well, enough of this! Brenda just looked at Dierdre's pictures of Brittany, and all she can say is "wow!" Hope it was worth the hassle! Wear the garbage bags in the shower Dierdre....keep your feet dry. You might also think about dropping a few tablespoons of Drano down the shower drain. It is probably just a small bundle of hair in the U-bend. I know, its not your job, but if you don't do it, it probably wont get done! Hmm...should have put this little comment onto her blog....oh well....

Back to work! Woo hoo!


2 comments:

Ovonia Red said...

Well, I do read your blog so I got the bit about the Draino. I already dumped half a bottle down the drain (I'm saving the other half for a special occasion).

Malta! Where is that? Can I come and visit you guys? When are you going to be there? (Watch me just invite myself everywhere... Hell, I'm just another 'Merican.)

Congrats on the new lot. Now I will have a place to live when I immigrate to Canada!

STAG said...

Malta is a little republic just off the toe of the boot of Italy. English speaking, Italian cooking...very very very Catholic, like Capri but not as expensive. 9 miles long, rather less than that wide, with 178 miles of fortifications on it. The finest armour museum in Europe, and remarkably friendly. Hey, the Med in Feb! What more can you ask?

Draino never works right away...it usually takes a couple of days for it to really clear out the hairballs. I cleared a drain in my barracks once by a weekly application...it took a couple of months! But it DID work.