Friday, May 20, 2005

Bike rides and bone heads....

Yesterday, I was driving back from Kingston on my V-Star, and observed most interesting passing behavior. The cement truck in front was blocking the view, and the fellow right behind him kept sliding out into the left lane from time to time to see if it was safe to pass. At one point, he slid left, and nearly collided with the fellow who was passing BOTH of them. They sorted themselves out....and booted forward to finish passing...but by now, they were on a double solid, and should have simply hung back. Sure enough, over the hill comes some poor sap. The buggers slid back into the right lane with less than half a second lee way. Good scare right? naah...the one who was behind is determined to pass. The one in front, feeling no doubt that he was going too slowly, sped up. So we got two fools booting up the Canadian Shield side by side at over 140 km/hr. The cement truck driver just grinned at me and waved me to pass when I gave him the universal "thumbs up thumbs down" signal because I couldn't see around him either.
And these are people who wouldn't risk eating a bit of cheese with mould on it!

1 comment:

. said...

Reminds me of just about every time I've been on highway seven