Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Late nights

So my friend Jim decided not to purhase that parcel of land beside me after all. I think he was talked out of it by this dip stick of a realestate agent who probably has a neat little piece of land in her listing book that she can actually MAKE a COMMISSION on! Oh well...not that it matters much. I'll re-list the property and make a sale at going rates, rather than at "friends"s rates. I resent the wasted time I spent down town at the registry office this week sorting out "severances" and "minor variances" and so forth. The work time has to be made up, and here I am, nine thirty in the evening, playing catch up on my jobs. That ticks me off. I also resent the fact that now I might get neighbours I can't stand instead of really good people like Jim and Catherine. And I resent paying eight dollars to a registry clerk to punch up my name in her computer, and give me a printout on the history. I mean, really....it was, like, 2 minutes! What a scam this all is!
Oh well, now I know more than the average bear about zonings, variances, right of ways, covenants, and easements. Nothing like doing a thing to become knowledgable in it. My head is still spinning from the sheer mass of things involved in making a parcel of land "clean" for sale. The cost of doing all this paperwork is under 5 thousand bucks...(is that good news?)
Brenda got most of the stock packed for the summer shows....who knows..there may be a Ren Faire, but a "soft sided" faire at some location around Milton. Or maybe not...have not heard boo about anything happening, so I will assume there wont' be one. Ahh well...at least there is the Star Trek convention...which still allows vendors to carry knives and swords.... so far. She is not looking forward to the summer....a last chance to visit with David E, and D'Arcy, maybe ever! So many good bys. Think I will make some wine. Might have time for it to work before we have to leave.
Rob wants to take over the business. I will do my best to set him up as an entrpreneur, but I dunno...you either have it or you don't. Rob might be able to do it...if he can keep from chasing the girls all summer! Trouble with running a business is that you rarely have time for a business AND a family in the first few years!
Well, enough of this...time to get back to work!

2 comments:

GeekInBlack said...

Which Star Trek convention?

STAG said...

This would be the Star Trek convention in Toronto, "Toronto Trek".

http://www.tcon.icomm.ca/tt19/

Be there or be square.