Friday, May 13, 2005

Power politics,

And they are not even Liberals! Some of my friends tried to play in the big leagues and buy the Ren Faire. Like fools, we trusted them, without considering that they didn't have any stake in the show at all, and now we find that they blew several really good chances to make the show happen on the same site. So I am looking at the loss of 80% of my income because some silly person couldn't get her own way and be a CEO!. Not that anybody who reads this really cares....but I just had to vent somewhere!
On a totally non related note, a good friend of mine called me, with jealousy issues. Seems that some five or seven years ago, I kissed his new girlfriend hello, she is now his wife and mother to his children, and he is still carrying this baggage...the kiss was just a little too passionate (he feels) for a hello kiss. It implied that we had had a fling, or something, and still had feelings for her. Even he saw how laughable it was...but there was no denying the existance of the baggage. I simply re-assured him that his wife was still very attractive, that I would love to make passes at her but that would disrespect her, and not incidently disrespect him. And of course, we did not have an actual "history". The last point was the most important to him I think. Its kind of nice to think that even and fat balding guy like me has to think about the jealous husband...what a nice compliment!
I am making my first anime armour. Normally I refuse to have anything to do with cartoon armours....but this one is for the guy's wedding, and may even work! I'll try to post a picture of it here when I finish it.
Time I got to work.

2 comments:

. said...

Why do you normally refuse to do anime armor?

STAG said...

Because anime armour is not real armour....and is almost impossible to make function AS armour.

Anime is one person idea. Real armour evolved over decades and involved dozens, maybe hundreds of people in the refinement of its design. It is hard to compete with the real thing....