Saturday, August 20, 2005

Another weekend, another lost week!

It took me all week to mow that darned lawn! Ah well, now I know that there are no rocks and stones which can damage a ride-on. But what can you do when you come home to find an acre of grass, burrdocks, and thistles waist high! I rented the neatest tool...its a five horsepower whipper snipper with a blade on it! Slow cutting....I have an antique sythe in the showroom which was almost as fast, except of course you have to spend half your day sharpening the blessed thing!

Hey now it is raining, I can have a fire in the fire pit! Oh right...didn't get a burn permit....darn!

Found my little brother...he called me Monday...needed some help. Turned out he needed a LOT of help. Well, you can pick your friends but you can't pick your relatives. A lot of the week seemed to be taken up with sitting in courthouses, and talking with lawyers and social workers. Bloody hell!

And there seems to be a problem with my Eudora email program...possibly not interacting properly with my Norton Antivirus. Not sure...NAV seems to be fine, scans well, the problem doesn't go away when I turn NAV off. I think I shall remove it from the computer totally. See if that helps. I can always re-install. I have heard that it is difficult to remove NAV from a 'puter...it puts its tenetacles into every little area. I figured I would blog a bit until I get the nerve to to the uninstall!

Well, it could be worse. Some of the lost souls in the courthouse were pretty heart wrenching. "Dude...its 28 degrees C out there! (94 degrees Farenheit!) Why are you wearing a hoodie and a watch cap? And you in the leather jacket...you think the judge is going to be impressed with the leather jacket? And girl, if you have to wear the pretty sun dress to make people think you just misplaced your friends the tin woodsman and scarecrow, perhaps you should wear a pretty little shawl to cover the tatoo "Born to FUCK" across your pretty shoulders. It really isn't fooling people!

The lines between low level criminal activity and mental illness seem to blur when you are in bail court at 9 in the morning...and perhaps people with strong opinions [of any kind] might do well to spend some time there...

2 comments:

. said...

Eudora? Eek! I'd use Outlook/Outlook Express over it and I'm no Microsoft fan. Have you thought about trying Thunderbird for an email client? I'm going to switch to it myself, soon as they incorporate some of the sync features that you can normally do with portable devices.

I liked the lines about the people at bail court, especially the girl in the sun dress, lol.

STAG said...

Ahhh, its getting better all the time!