Thursday, June 29, 2006

Finished! Well, almost!



After great labour, I created a "chrome" polished bayonette. I built a scabbard out of brass, and plated it. I cast and finished pewter handles for it. They are not plated yet, but I was doing a test fit, and figured I would take a picture. Not too shabby! When the pewter comes back from the plater, it will be as shiney as the rest of the unit! I am even getting the screws which join the two halves together plated! This might get interesting if the nickel messes up the threads on the screws! But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

As usual, it is hard to photograph a mirror! You can see the reflections of the yellow curtains in the scabbard! Yup...its shiny all right!

Click on the pictures to enlarge...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Impressive!

Frustrated Writer said...

knife making in all of it's glory is a fascinating subject to me. watching the process has been fun and you sir are definitely an artist. added you to my links on my blog.