Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hot Crysp Chicks

This was interesting....this arrived in my mailbox with the header "Hot Crysp Chiks". Since I LIKE hot crysp chiks, I naturally opened it, and found this collection of pithy sayings. Kind of a spam blog.... looks like a bunch of quotes. I like number 7...."Abstain from beans" and I have no idea what A s'enterveir actually MEANS. Maybe they are taken from bathroom walls. They remind me of stuff I jotted down in my high school notebooks waiting for the pot fumes to clear. (evil grin!)

A s'enterveir

You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

To do nothing at all is the most difficult thing in the world, the most difficult and the most intellectual.
I wept not, so to stone within I grew.

Life is a rollercoaster. Try to eat a light lunch.

There is something good in all seeming failures. You are not to see that now. Time will reveal it. Be patient.

The gods sell to us all the goods which they give us.

Abstain from beans.

Might, could, would --they are contemptible auxiliaries.

Anger, if not restrained, is frequently more hurtful to us than the injury that provokes it.The roads we take are more important than the goals we announce. Decisions determine destiny.

Better Counsel comes overnight.

Undermining experience, embellishing experience, rearranging and enlarging experience into a species of mythology.

Action conquers fear.

A picture is a poem without words.

We only think when we are confronted with problems.

From Paul to Stalin, the popes who have chosen Caesar have prepared the way for Caesars who quickly learn to despise popes.

There is a sort of exotic preposterousness about a lot of elections, the way arguments are made even cruder.

The superior man is modest in his speech but exceeds in his actions.


Yes, the observant among you will remember I posted this list many years ago.
I really don't think it has grown stale though.
And I STILL don't know who "hot crysp chicks" is.

2 comments:

Cerulean Bill said...

Holy hell, I like those....

STAG said...

You likely like hot crysp chicks too!

(visions of Colonel Sanders dance in my head)