Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pei

Midnight Sunstone

The Girlzilla over at "Peebrain.blogspot.com has been producing some lovely poetry. Like...I know an Iambic Pentameter from a Jacobs Drill Chuck, but for some reason her poetry strikes a spark with me. Here is a sample...entitled Midnight Sunstone....

Not a sapphire or a garnet,
I give you a midnight sunstone.
'tis rarer than diamond and gold.
How I found it, I did not know.
I was walking along a trodden path
When a sparkle caught my eye.
Gleaming red, blue, a fiery white
It lay there, poised for flight.
Legend has that the midnight sunstone
is forged neither by Nature or Man;
but plucked from the depths of all known miseries,
one tear after the next.
I give you this midnight sunstone
Wrapped in a skein of dying stars.
May this regard occlude you from blight
In darkness, love, you shall always have light.

I keep wondering how to make this into a song.
(reprinted by permission.)

3 comments:

Middle Child said...

I love this sort of stuff - you can see the brilliant colours - and the whimsy

coastalcutie2000 said...

Lovely rhythm, the lines truly are lyrical! Thanks for showing it off.

STAG said...

She is a sweet heart for sure.