Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Snow!



Photo courtesy of http://othersiderainbow.blogspot.com/
(a fellow Saskatchewanite with a MUCH more interesting blog than mine!)

Okay, so it isn't quite so dramatic as this! But it IS a little annoying to look out and see an inch of the white stuff out there! Thank goodness my commute is a short one! I think the top picture is of Elgin Street in Ottawa. Typical Canadian going to work in the snow!

The problem with working at home is that actually you can NEVER leave work! There are times when I would just like to say "fuggit", I'm outa here! Got for a beer with the guys after work! Not an option...the problem will still be there when I get back! Another thing which I didn't think would be a problem is that there is no boss here to tell me to get to work! Who knew I needed that to get up off my fat behind and get things done! My self discipline has gone out the window! No immediate rewards, all I get for "being good" is sore feet, aching hands, and dust up my nose!
Ah well, a problem identified is a problem half solved. Now to get away from this keyboard and get to work. Boy, the boss is a real twit this morning! (Oh, and Ovonia Red, I have to agree with you about HMT!

3 comments:

M. C. Pearson said...

Wow. It was in the upper 70's or low 80's today. I can't imagine snow yet...but three weeks ago we were freezing, so who knows. NC is a strange place to live...including the weather.

Jennifer said...

We're supposed to get our first snowfall here in a couple hours. I hate it. I absolutely despise the freezing, wet stuff. Bah!

. said...

I'd come yell at ya Stag! Well, I would except the car's away for the winter. Until April I'm just another mundane pedestrian! :D