Monday, November 21, 2005

Steel buying Day




Monday. Time to get out and purchase some steel. Yesterday, I had to make a decision...either I pay 25 bucks to the dump to take all that brush in the trailer, or should I just burn it....and put the 25 bucks to a local kid to haul the brush down to the burn site.
So, needless to say, I lost my 1 tonne challenge...and contributed about another half tonne or so of Carbon Dioxide to the atmosphere! The local kid now has some gas money, and I have an empty trailer. I also have about 10 kilograms of wet charcoal....

Anyway.... just for fun, a friend of mine sent me a pic of one of the Canadian Sea Kings. As most Canadians know, the Sea Kings have been flying longer than most airmen have been alive, and over time, have developed many flaws and cracks. A close examination of the Sea King helicopter will show that some of the cracks are quite visible, even to the unaided eye!

click on the picture to see a larger version.

Now, I'm outa here...off to pick up some 16 gauge.

3 comments:

Stan Rogers said...

Cracks? Definitely. Sea King? Not quite (it's an Australian Super Seasprite). I spent rather a lot of time in the gaping maw of a Sea King (the electronics bay looks rather mouthlike and vicious when open) with nothing but the soles of my boots and a nearby open S-kit to indicate that there might be a human trapped in the beast somewhere. You know, I don't think I could fold a towel small enough to fit into the places I used to squeeze into to work anymore. Suddenly, I feel SO old....

STAG said...

Well, its close enough for shits and giggles! Grin!

Jennifer said...

LOL! Very funny. I can always count on you for a quick laugh.