Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A clean house....




Brenda is getting ready for a fun filled holiday season. Hopefully some family time with my brother, and a good time during New Years! She is happily making ice cream this week. It is so cold out that the ice cream tub (which needs to be chilled really really cold! And we gots that this week!) lives outside. I want to make apple cinnamon oatmeal ice cream, my signature dish. She will be making vanilla cherry, and lemonchella ice cream. Also, with luck, rum raisin ice cream. There is something about home made ice cream which sets it apart from store bought...I think it is that the eggs are fresh instead of processed. I will be getting sooooooo fat this Christmas!

Maybe I should bake cookies...though I think I am getting a shipment of cookies from a professional chef in the Toronto area of my aquaintance.

Well, back to work. I think Brenda has some curtains to hang....

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE homemade ice cream! And you know how I feel about the cookies. Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

. said...

mmm homemade ice cream.

Makes me wish I had my car out, lemme tell ya!

STAG said...

I made rum raisin ice cream. It was a fiasco...the rum kept the ice cream from freezing!

So, I left it outside all night...should be frozen by now. This morning, I shall be making rasin-vanilla ice cream, and serve it with rum on top.

I'll do the same with the cherry ice cream...cherry brandy will make an excellent topper. I did it last year, and tried to set it on fire....it wouldn't burn it was so cold. A friend of mind suggested a sauce pan, gently heated, then light the brandy in the pan. Pour the flaming brandy on the ice cream. I asked him "are you nuts?"

The lemon ice cream seems to have turned out fine....very lemoney. Very smooth. Not a frozen lump of custard like the rum-raisin. Maybe I can use my ice shaver to salvage this disaster.

Michele said...

Hi stag, How can you compare the who's lyrics to smokey,which even bob dylan called the greatest lyricist of all time ? I'll put up
my girl against any beatles record
more less anything by the who.