Thursday, December 08, 2005

Oh Bloody Hell!



(Viking helmets...out of my shop....click on pic to enlarge)

(to the tune of Oh Holy Night)

Oh....Bloody Hell!
The whole shield wall is crumbling!
I fear that soon I shall see Odin's face

Yea, there it goes, the foe is over running
There's little time and I can't find my mace

A ray of hope, my weary brain rejoices
For up there dawns the salvation of my hide!

Fall on your face! Pretend the foe has slain you
Then shiv him in the back, and then
Run, run like the wind....

That shiv, that friend of mine,
oh dear old shiv, that friend of mine...

flagrantly plagarized from
Strygor Von Talmutz from his songbook
"A Viking's Christmas in Wales"
(bet you thought I had mercifully forgotten it didn't you!?)

6 comments:

Erica said...

Too funny! I had to sing it instead of just reading it.

Jennifer said...

I sang it too! That's very good Stag. Did you write it? And nice helmets btw.

STAG said...

Nahhh...I ain't that good. That was written by Darryl Markowitz, a blacksmith up north of Toronto. And his buddy, Strigor...

STAG said...

Och, I'm blushing....

http://www.southtower.on.ca

Dubael said...

I didn't know about that last lyric, the one about the shiv being a friend. I'll have to add that the next time I sing the song.

Dubael said...

Actually as I was rereading the posting I noticed some differences between these lyrics and the ones I know.
First Stanza is the same
Second stanza that I know opens with "YEP!" instead of Yea, but I like yea better.
I know the 3rd stanza as "O ray of hope, my weary soul rejoices, for yonder shines the salvation of my hide"
4th is the same
5th I know as "O Shiv! O Shiv Divinely! And Run! Run like the Wind!

Regardless, it is a fun song and the pantomime always gets cheers from the audience