Monday, January 30, 2006

Freezing Rain


What a blah day out there...we have not seen the sun for a couple of weeks! Everything is covered by a half an inch of ice. The car's windshield wipers are frozen into crystal sculpture. Very pretty if you don't have to figure out how to free them without breaking them! Yet, I have to go out today to get my allergy shots...an annoying development which keeps me going into town every few weeks whether I will it or not! It would be nice if I could combine my shots with going in to teach my classes, but honestly, trying to fight off an allergy shot AND teach a class...I don't think I have the steam....grin! These are not benign little pollen allergy shots, but rather life threatening doses of the stuff which has killed me in the past, and it has to be strong enough to almost kill me again. (no Jennifer and Zlanth, I still reflect in a mirror...the miracles of modern paramedical technology are illustrated every time I stand up and walk around!) The stuff knocks me on my heels for a day, and often the whole next day as well. I call it a shot of 'instant stupid", and is better than a half bottle of Bacardi's to shut down the creative bump.

The picture is from last September....I went to Marmora to show off my armouring. This is a pic of the horse stall they set me up in! Very pretty! Good thing the event was outside....those felt tapestries were full of some mustiness which made everybody cough.....a white mold, probably non-toxic. A couple of days hanging in the sun probably fixed it up. S'long as they are kept out of the damp, they are okay. Those tapestries have a long history. They had been in the offices of the Ren Faire, and never made it out to the auction....understandable since they were soaking wet at the time. They had been made for a big company and had been in trade shows all over the world. I felt it was a shame to see them go into the dumpster...they look all right though don't they?

Well, its past time I got some work done.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

They look great! And you look handsome, as well. Looks like you cut all your hair off, though. Hope all goes well with the shot.

. said...

You may have a reflection, but how are you with garlic? :D

STAG said...

Just so long as it isn't a SILVER mirror...