Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Teaching Today!




Today is the first day of teaching the Basic Chivalrous Sword Handling course for this year. I have got several calls from people wondering what they should wear.....I wear Tee-shirts and rugby pants....and runners. The Kenjuitsu CAN be learned wearing a gei and a Hakama, but for the basic stuff like this, it is sufficient that you wear comfortable clothing, and to BE comfortable. I have this head cold which means that I won't be getting up close and personal in the takedowns, I just hope my throat will handle the "lecture". My love of talking is going to be severly tested.

Other than that, I discovered that the armour I am making for a nice fellow in Maine is actually too small! Too short in the back, actually. How annoying! Oh well, an extra piece in the back plate always looks good. I'll try and post pictures of it tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some more tips on what to do/wear in class.

Empty your pockets - and not just because there are people there with swords. Few things hurt more than falling down on your keys.

Take your boots/shoes off at the door - it is the season of salt and snow, and it makes the floor slippery and dangerous.

Remove loose jewelry or dangerously exposed piercings. This includes watches.

Avoid tight clothing.

See you there tonight.
Shayne

STAG said...

Yeah...I hate it when a watch becomes a piercing!

. said...

Isn't it scary just how true those demotivational posters really are? hehe.

Good luck with the class :D

Jennifer said...

I love the "Intensity" picture. Good luck with the class! Wish i could be there to see it.