Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Last of the Four


Here we go....the last of the four helms for Wisconsin. I emailed the fellow, and am awaiting his verdict.

Did anybody else see the history of the Sword on the History channel last night? Quite interesting....a lot of very nice sword work. Its funny....I love swords, I even teach sword handling in much the same way as the fellow on the show did, but I firmly believe that the sword was more (in his words) "iconic" than useful in the medieval battlefield. In my opininion, it was seldom used for its intended purpose. Maybe that is just as well....
They had a lot of nice armours there as well. A nice barrel helm much like the ones I made here. A couple of nice helmets which stood up to a lot of hacking. And a gorgeous sword being made in the finest Anglo-Saxon tradition...absolutely gorgeous. It took the smith 2 weeks to make it. I am a little surprised he got it done so quickly!
Well, back to work for me....a couple of hours of rolling the edges of a nice breast and backplate which will end up in Michigan. I'll try and get pics of that up here when they are done.

Here is wishing everybody who comes and visits the very best of the season.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I like that. The fleur de lis is my family crest.

Stan Rogers said...

It's not "swords", it's "'s' words". Oh, just choose a question....

STAG said...

Shop SMART, shop "S" Mart!!!!


Nictuu, forontu, and f"ahem".