Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas and Computers...





Just feeling a little depressed this time of year. It is NOT a white Christmas! A good friend called me...desperate to unload a puppy. Do you know how hard it is to say no to a puppy? Oh My! Another friend just got laid off...and will have to sell his motorcycle to pay his rent. And I have been getting these allergy shots every Wednesday. They are killer shots...knock me for a loop every time. And nobody orders armour for Christmas, so the shop is sitting idle. Oh gracious, it sounds like I am complaining! Heck, I don't have to shovel that precip out there, its not MY puppy, and not MY donor cycle. And the shop is, well, not QUITE idle...am actually doing some swords. Doing them up right too! Step by step how to on my other blog "South Tower Armouring Guild". And I hope to get that "measured drawing" armour done this December.
Up top is a nice fella who picked up that big Viking style helmet. He looks a bit like me! Its the white beard and the world weary look! I think both of us will enjoy this great Canadian Christmas tree (bottom pic) He is in Louisiana, so the grass is still green there. Building decks in December. Well, I remember roofing in December, and setting the top shingles into hot water in order to get them to bend over the peak!
As usual, click on the images to enlarge.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's a beautiful helmet! I did think the man in the pic was you at first glance. My daughter's depressed that we don't have any precip here either, but I am NOT complaining! :)

Mz.Elle said...

Ohh wow,that helmet is gorgeous.
I'm sorry you're feeling this way.
I can relate:)

Jennifer said...

Hey, what's the story behind the beer tree?

. said...

Or at least its location. I've never had such an urge to fell a tree before.

Zlanth the alcoholic lumberjack. :D

STAG said...

And Merry Christmas to YOU too Curious!

I THINK the beer tree was a display in a beer store here in Ontario. Not sure though...I picked it off the web.

Ms. I, it is wonderful to hear from you! So kind of you to drop by!