Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas


Oh Blowdy 'ell,
Da whole Shield Wall is Crumbling!
I fear that now I shall see Odin's face.
Aye...there it goes...the Foe is over-running!
There's little time, and I can't find my mace.
A ray of hope, my weary brain rejoices
For up there dawns the salvation of my hide!
Fall on yer face
Pretend the foe has slain ye
Then shiv him in the back,
and then Run...
Run Like the Wind!
Oh shiv, my friend in need!
Oh, oh, my little knive,
My friend in deed!
(adapted from Strygor Von Talmutz, "A Viking's Christmas in Wales".

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

:D Merry Christmas Stag!!

Impossibleape said...

Hi Stag

Merry Christmas

an interesting post

a hilarious picture



did you ever read C.S. Lewis's autobiography, Surprised by Joy?


In it he tells how the 'other side' was opened to him by certain aesthetic experiecnes, one of them was Norse mythology.

You might find his path to faith intersects with your own.