Thursday, February 15, 2007

Maltese Falcon Stolen!


Oh my gawd! The Maltese Falcon has been stolen. Somebody bring Sam Spade out of retirement!


quote...
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/02/12/BAGV4O3F8R4.DTL
Maltese Falcon swiped from SF restaurant
John Koopman, Chronicle Staff Writer
Monday, February 12, 2007
Printable Version
Email This Article

(02-12) 16:46 PST -- It's been nearly 80 years since Sam Spade wandered the streets of San Francisco in search of the Maltese Falcon. Now, the statue is missing again.
John Konstin, the owner of San Francisco's John's Grill on Ellis Street, said someone broke into a locked cabinet on the second floor of his establishment and took a signed reproduction of the Maltese Falcon -- one used for publicity stills for the movie -- along with several vintage and signed books by and about Maltese Falcon author Dashiell Hammett.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What???

I smell a movie coming soon to a theatre near me...

Frustrated Writer said...

Just for the record... I wasn't even close to California when that happened and this reproduction in my living room is strictly a novelty item I bought off of Ebay... really... I swear... trust me...