Thursday, March 23, 2006

De-motivational pics....


Very fortunately, I do not have this to contend with!

Dropped into the "Habitat for Humanity Re-Use It Store" today. cool place, sort of a big warehouse full of "oops" paint, end lots of tiles, old doors and a remarkable number of toilets. I hear that Canadian high volume toilets are much in demand in some parts of the US. There are none on EBay though....so maybe I heard wrong! There were bathtubs in purple. Real honest to gawd purple. Not just lilac (though there were lilac bathtubs there as well). Also brown. Pink. Blue. And white. I'll be shaking my head over the purple bathtubs for awhile though! They also had fireplace mantles (new in the box) for 40 bucks. Solid oak. Must come back with a notebook full of measurements.

Class three tonight. A camera man from the local TV station was filming the whole time. He will be back with a news anchor on Friday to say hi, maybe do some more filming, and then he will be at my shop all day Monday. All this to get 2 and a half minutes on the "news at six"! Actually, I think that is pretty good...I am trying to imagine how expensive 150 seconds of advertising time during the 6 0'clock news would be.......This is quite exceptional. Cept I got my left and right confused right at the beginning....camera shy I guess! Oh well, gives 'em something to feature...Bill screwing up! At least I kept most of the pithy phrases out of my talk when the cameras were rolling....wildly politically incorrect phrases like..."Then you deflect his sword upward, move in on him and and club him like a baby seal!" (Hey, I was a drill instructor once!)

Well, enough of this. I see that blogger won't accept more than one pic at a time...and I have so many more de-motivational pictures thanks to the Wizard of Oz......

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

We do not have any Habitat for Humanity Re-Use It stores here! What a bummer! It sounds like a marvelous idea. I wonder who I could contact about starting one in Dayton. Purple bathtubs… oh my.

That is awesome about being on the news!!! What great advertising it will be. Yeah, I imagine it is a struggle for you to behave yourself in front of the camera. LOL

What IS up with Blogger?! It’s really starting to piss me off.

STAG said...

Everything in the "re-use it" store is donated. Stuff from reno's, stuff from bankrupcies, it has a sort of "Salvation Army" feel to it, only instead of clothes and furniture, it is doors, and yes...bathtubs.

Ontario Emperor said...

I installed new toilets in my home here in California a year ago, and coincidentally I've had to use the plunger several times in the last few days. Can't confirm that the toilets are to blame, though.

Two and a half minutes is an eternity in television news time. Enjoy it. And if you only get 15 seconds, enjoy that.