Sunday, March 12, 2006

What a dumb weekend!


That Blond's geometry test describes me all right! I may have to go to "auction-a-holics anonymous. I can see it now...a poorly lit room in a church basement, a circle of chairs, and I stand up and say "Hello, I'm Stag, and I am an auction-a-holic. "Hello Stag" goes the chorus. I tell my story. "I went to the auction, and some golf clubs came up. I figured, what the heck...I could play some golf...I mean, people DO! This is towards the end of the auction, and the auctioneer was getting annoyed, tired, and un-interested. He kept missing my bid. I was waving my paddle frantically, and he is going...."twennydollatwennydolla, no? Hey Ronnie, group some together. So Ronnie groups two more bags of golf clubs together. "Fiftydollarfifty dolla, okay, twennyfive twennyfive twennyfive FIFTEEN!" Now he sees my bid....I don't realize he has pushed three bags of clubs together. Thats dumb...Ronnie ain't normally dumb...I think he has grouped some other stuff, but three bags of clubs! I keep my hand up....somebody decides he wants some for 17, and I go to twenty. The drone of the people talking in the room coupled with the amplified auctioneer going Twennytwo, twennytwo, TwennyFive SOLD! Oh my gawd, I bought three bags of clubs! Brenda tells me to put it with the bag she had bought for me earlier. What, you mean I now own FOUR bags of golf clubs? Well, now I'll just have to go for that pile of balls....got 15 top flights in the sleeves, plus a bucket of used for 17 bucks. Not a bad deal, but I needed golf clubs like a dog needs an overcoat!
Yup....all in all....impulse buying at its worst. Like I needed golf clubs! Yes, I shall have to exercise more self control.
Hello, My name is Stag, and I am a auction-a-holic.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That's exactly how I would have answered the question...and I'm not even blonde.