Thursday, March 23, 2006

My mom.


This was my mom's birthday. 23 march 1933.
May she rest in peace.

She was born a Lundeen....a descendant of Swedenborg himself. She joined the Airforce in '53, converted to Catholism, then because they didn't allow women to be married and be in the military, she left the air force to marry my Dad. This pic was taken at their first Christmas together. I came along later.

Its been, what....20 years now....and I still miss her.

She had a tremendous faith, and she firmly believed that she was going to a better place. Because of her great faith, I have never grieved her passing, but only wish she could have hung around us a little longer.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Stag, that is a beautiful picture and a beautiful tribute. Your parents look very sweet together. I look forward to meeting your mom someday.

STAG said...

Hope you like dirty jokes. You can take a gal out of the military but you can't take the military out of the gal! We used to stay up all night when I was a corporal on leave, drink beer (a little), smoke cigarettes (a lot!) and tell the "dirtiest" jokes! But as raunchy as they got, they were NEVER cruel.
She has been much on my mind of late....

Jennifer said...

What a riot! Isn't it great when you become an adult and get to share that kind of stuff with your parents?