Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!



The pic is courtesy of StrangeCosmos.com A site which can't be visited nearly enough!
And WHY NOT! Its All Saint's Day tomorrow, and tonight, all the little ghosties and ghoulies were out trying to scare the homeowners our of their candy! Brenda and I went over to Shayne's place, where he "does" Halloween in a big way....his front yard is decorated in skulls (some 27 of them by my count) including a complete cage with the skeleton of a dead pirate in it, dangling over the front sidewalk! He dressed up in his head to toe Gorilla suit, and fired up his light saber every time a kid didn't say "thank you". Tried to keep from scaring the VERY young though. They scare easy, and this was supposed to be a fun little "OMG" sort of shock, not a "bwaaaaaaa....daddddddddeeeeeeeyyyyyy" kind of fright. So we were careful.
Lots of parents with their kids. Good to see. I would just be a piece of the decoration, standing there in my mask and cloak, and the parents were too busy watching their kids getting scared to realize I was right behind them. sometimes people would jump when they realized I was actually alive! I thought it would be kind of fun to tap on their shoulder, and when they turned around, they would see Shaynes' voodoo "skull on a stick". That got some shreiks from the parents!
Yup, that was a success.

Shayne and Cindy took some pics and I'll try to put them up here when they have got around to downloading them and sending them to me.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We had a great time trick-or-treating, too. It’s so much fun to live in a neighborhood full of kids. My daughter was Vampira and her best friend was Harry Potter. This year someone dressed as the grim reaper actually went riding a horse down our street! The horse was all decked out in armor - you would have approved. So much fun.

M. C. Pearson said...

It looks like you had way too much fun. We went downtown trick-or-treating where all the stores give out candy and in the town square they have free booths with candy prizes. My two knights in shining armor had a blast.