Friday, July 07, 2006

More ride





Here are a few more pics from Canada Day. The pipe band, the cute little dancers, the dogs...and remember all this is completely separate from the "ride" itself. I tried to get pictures of the musical ride, however the light failed by the time they rode out! All that fancy dressage being done in the twilight!

We all sang "Oh Canada" as the flag was coming down. There are two main versions of that song...an English one and a French one, and every musical director and stage manager makes his own "artistic" jumble of English and French lines. As a consequence, Canada is the only country in the world that the citizens cannot sing along with impressario with the microphone on centre ice.....grumble...

I got my "mountie" shot. I suddendly realized that here I have lived in Ottawa for what...twenty years, and never got the typical tourist shot of the mountie in uniform! Well, here he is, my kind of guy! Tired. Been a long day. Too many screaming kids, fat folks dripping hot sauce on his shoes...Wondering if those bulges in her shirt might be contraband....


click on images to enlarge

This weekend...Toronto Trek....the Star Trek convention. Though lately, it has turned into the "transformers", "anime", "stargate", and whatever convention. Regardless...it is nice to be able to have a place to sell my armour. Afterwards, a little tour through the Niagara Wine region. We are all packed up, and ready to head out as soon as I hit "publish post". See you on Wednesday...

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the Dudley Dooright pic!

. said...

Stag could I con you into posting these a few weeks in advance (like the aforementioned convention) cause I'd really like to hit those up :D

Frustrated Writer said...

looks like fun