Monday, July 31, 2006

Random Silliness

I think it is the silly season here. Kids are bored....they keep stealing the "L" from the "Public School" sign on the public school across the street. I have a park bench in front of my house...they lifted it up, and a couple of big stones from my rock garden and blocked the street! Cops knocking on my door at 3 AM wanting to know if I heard anything. This was a change from them rocketing through at 70 mph at 2 AM like they do most mornings with the cops in full siren pursuit.
I keep the park bench for the seniors who like to rest a bit before finishing the walk between the store and the seniors home. I don't think they need the rest as much as they need the chat.

Got myself into something...every Monday the Fraser Highlanders will be bringing over 4 muskets for routine maintenance. Volunteering for this group will be a blast!
Well, because it has been so stinkin' hot lately, I have only been able to get 4 hours work done a day, so I better get to it! Maybe later in the afternoon I will be able to post some pictures.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So sweet of you to provide the seniors with a park bench! As for the kids... I guess there's worse things than stealing a giant L, eh? :)