Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Free Bob!!!!!


Former moose head owner Ken Procyk, left, and Mark Bonokoski take their campaign to Queen’s Park yesterday. ( photo....Craig Robertson, Sun)

Bob is a moose head.

Specifically a family heriloom which he sold, like so many people do, on eBay.

Ken Procyk ( like me, a Ukrainan-Canadian!) had been given the moose head by his father, who in turn had been given it by a hunter. But Ken didn't have a licence to "export pelts". Bob was impounded at the border, and Ken was served with a hefty fine. 250 bucks from the Canadians, and 560 bucks in "storage fees" from the Americans.

In fact, armed officers arrived at his home, and served him papers!

I think you should check out Mark Bonokowski's column in the Sun. It will certainly challenge any residual ideas you might be having that "bigger government is better government".

http://www.torontosun.com/News/BobTheMoose/2006/04/04/1519108-sun.html

Go Ken. Go Mark. Go Bob!!!!

2 comments:

. said...

Years ago when I was coming over the border (had road tripped to Mardi Gras) I was wearing an animal claw around my neck -- yeah, voodoo shops in New Orleans are hilarious.

Just as we were pulling up, I figured I should tuck it into my shirt just in case.

While mine was just a creepy keepsake and not a family heirloom, I'm glad I did it anyway... Cause I got to keep mine :D

Jennifer said...

Don't the mounties have anything better to do?!